Top iOS 6.1 Cydia Tweaks After UnTethered Evasi0n Jailbreak iPhone 5, iPad And More
Top-Rated Best Cydia Tweaks after UnTethered Evasi0n Jailbreak iOS 6.1.2 – Since the evad3rs released their UnTethered iOS 6 through 6.1.2 Evasi0n jailbreak utility, we’ve received countless questions pertaining to Cydia: which packages have been updated for the new iPhone, iPad and iPod touch models and which tweaks do we recommend? Recently, a popular iOS YouTuber by the name of iCrackUriDevice has complied two lists of incredibly useful and simply amazing jailbreak tweaks that are available for download through Cydia without the addition of third-party repositories (repos).
Best iOS 6 Cydia Tweaks After UnTethered Evasi0n Jailbreak 6.1
Furthermore, all packages have been confirmed by our staff to work with most iPhone, iPad and iPod touch models running on iOS 6.0, 6.0.1, 6.0.2, 6.1 and 6.1.2. For practical reasons, certain tweaks (e.g. My3G) do not include support for non-cellular devices.
After watching the video embedded above, we recommend downloading and installing the Cydia tweaks listed in this article to vastly improve your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch on iOS 6.
- Infiniboard is a tweaks that extends iOS’ standard springboard, allows additional icons to be positioned on each page and enables vertical scrolling. Infiniboard is available through the BigBoss repo for $0.99.
- Infinidock is purchasable for $1.99 and, similar to Infiniboard, Infinidock vastly improves the traditional iOS dock by adding horizontal icon scrolling.
- Barrel enhances the visual experience with fluid SpringBoard page animations that activate when swiping from one page to the next – Barrel is available to purchase inside Cydia for $2.99.
- DietBullitin free tweak that significantly reduces the size of notification banners and even has configurable option to temporarily replace iOS’ status bar with incoming notifications.
- Screen Extender is another utility that’s available for free that forces application to utilize the 4-inch displays found on both the 5th generation iPod touch and the iPhone 5. Gone are the days of sighing every time an older iOS application displays those repulsive black bars of app confinement.
- Auxo is a completely revamped application switcher interface that adds a news spin on iOS multitasking that’s available for $1.99.
- My3G forces applications into thinking the device is running over a Wi-Fi connection, when in reality it’s connected to a cellular data network; this $3.99 tweak is useful for bypassing various mobile network restrictions.
- FolderCloser is a free modification that automatically closes iOS folders when apps are launched from within said folders.
- OpenBackup is an essential utility for all jailbreakers that is capable of backing up and restoring Cydia packages and sources.
- iFile can be purchased for $4.00 and enables users to easily navigate through iOS’ filesystem, much-like what one would gain access to when SSHing.
Additionally, iCrackUriDevice created an earlier video of fifteen useful tweaks that are also compatible with iOS 6 through 6.1 and the latest iDevices. For an extra list, check out the in-depth overview video embedded below.
Finally, it’s crucial to realize that all third-party packages, modifications and tweaks can only be installed when root access has been achieved. In order to do so, one must jailbreak – if you aren’t currently jailbroken on iOS 6 or 6.1.2, I strongly advice following our in-depth evasi0n jailbreak iOS 6 tutorial.
Update: If you’re looking for additional Cydia tweaks, we recommend reading our second list of Top Cydia Tweaks for iOS 6.1.2.
You can subscribe to our Evasi0n Untethered Jailbreak 6.1 and iOS news feed, like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and add us to your circles on Google+ to be promptly notified when we publish new articles related to useful Cydia tweaks and jailbreaking in general.