How to Install iOS 8 GM Free Without UDID - Downgrade Gold Master and Jailbreak 7.1.2 - Today, in a strange move that was likely to preserve the secrecy of Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus and Apple Watch September event that concluded earlier today, the company seeded iOS 8 GM (Gold Master) to those currently enrolled in the official iOS Developer program. As a refresher for those of you who may have forgotten the major improvements in Apple’s significant forthcoming iOS installment, the firmware will work to bridge the gap between multiple iDevices and OS X with continuity - iOS 8 will also introduce actionable notifications, widgets for Notification Center, a plethora of rich developer APIs and so much more. Additionally, iOS 8 Gold Master is the final public-ready version of the pre-release firmware. What’s more, in light of the incredible jailbreak-friendly iOS 7.1.x period we have the pleasure of experiencing, those who update and install iOS 8 GM will effectively be able to downgrade to 7.1.2, while simultaneously retaining their ability to fully jailbreak iOS 7.1.2 UnTethered!
Install iOS 8 Gold Master Without UDID Or Developer Account - iOS 8.0 GM
With that in mind, we’ll highlight a security flaw in the way Apple handles iOS 8 beta IPSW updates that enables any iPhone, iPad or iPod touch running 7.1.2 to essentially update to iOS 8 Gold Master without having said devices’ UDID registered through an iOS Developer account, while also managing to avoid the incredibly-annoying activation errors that have plagued previous beta firmwares.
How To Install iOS 8 Gold Master For Free Without An iOS 8 GM Developer Account
Finally, as a precursor, because the recommended iOS 8 GM install process is virtually identical to that of beta 5, 4, 3, 2 and 1’s, we’re simply going to link readers to our comprehensive iOS 8 beta 1 tutorial and highlight the prerequisites that are required prior to updating, as well as all necessary steps to downgrade to, and jailbreak, 7.1.2 in today’s article.
- Backup your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad inside iTunes, this includes the iPhone 5S, iPhone 5C, 5, iPhone 4S, 4, the 5th generation iPod touch and the iPad Air, iPad mini 2, 4, 3.
- Initiate the a complete restore to iOS 7.1.2, which is the latest public firmware as of September, 2014 - this is a requirement.
- Navigate to our in-depth iOS 8 beta 1 tutorial, follow the iOS 8 beta update procedure highlighted in said article and return to this page for important post-update, and downgrade, steps.
- Reboot your iDevice twice in a row to verify that it doesn’t experience any of sort of Activation Errors.
Technically speaking, the completion of the above steps will officially install iOS 8 GM on any iPad, iPod touch or iPhone that was previously running iOS 7.1.2, jailbroken or otherwise.
Downgrade iOS 8 GM, And Jailbreak, 7.1.2 Fully Untethered Using Pangu
After your iDevice is running iOS 8 gold master, it’s theoretically possible to downgrade, and re-jailbreak, which can be accomplished by restoring and employing the use of Pangu - simply follow the steps listed below.
- Enter recovery mode; to do so connect to iTunes via USB and hold down the home and power buttons on your iDevice until iTunes detects that said device has entered recovery mode. Also, as a side-note, if you enabled iCloud’s ‘Find my iPhone’ ability, you’ll first need to disable the feature prior to entering Recovery mode to ensure that you can successfully administer the downgrade process.
- iTunes will instantly switch to an overview screen for the device that’s in Recovery mode, at which point, you’ll need to click the “Restore” button.
- Once the iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad is back to running iOS 7.1.2, you can re-jailbreak 7.1.2 by following our in-depth Pangu jailbreak iOS 7.1.2 Untethered tutorial, which is available here for your convenience.
Thank you for reading and don’t forget to subscribe to our official Evasi0n Jailbreak iOS 8 GM news feed, like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and add us on Google+ to be promptly alerted when we publish future articles concerning iOS 8 and the future of Untethered jailbreak utilities.
i want to downgrade from 8.2 to 7.2 i’m not happy at all with ISO * up to know, is there anyway i can downgrade ?
was anyone able to successfully downgrade ios 8 GM to 7.1.2? or is the GM permanent?